Permanent Protections for Floridians from the Biomedical Security State
DESTIN, Fla.Today, Governor Ron DeSantis signed into law four pieces of legislation that protect Floridians from medical mandates, empower physicians, and prohibit the dangerous profiteering of functional research. Through these comprehensive pieces of legislation, Governor DeSantis codified permanent COVID-19 protections in the state and positioned Florida as a national leader for medical freedom. For more information click here.
The historic legislative package signed today safeguards the freedom of residents by ensuring that no patient is forced by a business, school or government agency to be tested, wear a mask or be vaccinated for COVID-19. The legislation also gives medical professionals the freedom to collaborate with patients in prescribing alternative treatments and protects doctors’ freedom of speech. Finally, Florida is the first state to ban unsafe and unregulated gain-of-function research, such as research conducted at the Wuhan lab.
Our first actions during the pandemic have protected Floridians and their freedoms,She saidGovernor Ron DeSantis. We’ve protected the rights of Floridians to make decisions for themselves and their children, and we’ve rejected theater, narratives, and COVID hysteria in favor of truth and data. These expanded protections will help ensure that medical authoritarianism does not take root in Florida.
Governor DeSantis was a pinnacle for freedom, and today we advance the cause of public health and individual autonomy in medical decisions,She saidSurgeon General of State Dr. Joseph Ladapo. From empowering patients to safeguarding children in schools, Florida continues to enshrine individual liberty and lead with common sense.
Senate bill 252 The most comprehensive medical freedom bill in the nation:
- Prohibit corporate and government entities from requiring individuals to provide proof of vaccination or post-infection recovery from any disease in order to gain access, entry or service from such entities.
- Prohibit employers from refusing to hire or fire, discipline, demote, or otherwise discriminate against an individual solely on the basis of vaccination or immunity status.
- Prevents discrimination against Floridians in relation to COVID-19 vaccination or immunity status, etc.
House Bill 1387 Forbidding Functional Search Gain:
- Prohibition of gain-of-function research, also known as enhanced research into potential pandemic pathogens.
Senate bill 1580 Freedom of speech of doctors:
- Provide that health care providers and health care payers have the right to opt out of participation in or payment for certain health care services based on conscientious objection.
- Provide requirements for a HCP notice and documentation of that objection.
- Provide whistleblower protection for healthcare professionals and healthcare payers who take certain actions or disclose certain information related to reporting certain violations.
- Prohibit boards, or the Department of Health if there is no board, from taking disciplinary action or denying an individual a license based solely on specific conduct, etc.
Senate bill 238 Public Records/Protection from Discrimination Based on Healthcare Choices
- Provide an exemption from public records requirements for certain information related to complaints or investigations regarding violations of provisions that protect against discrimination based on health care choices.
#Governor #Ron #DeSantis #signs #nations #strongest #legislation #medical #freedom