When it comes to losing fat, exercise only helps you up to a point. The best thing is to change your eating habits. This is what you should be eating to build muscle and lose fat at the same time according to Dr. Mike Diamonds.
Dr. Mike Diamond is a retired physician who is now an online fitness coach and YouTuber. He has nearly a million subscribers on his channel and usually uses his own body transformation as an example of how to help people improve themselves. He is also the creator of the Sculpt by Science website.
Mike used his channel to showcase his bodybuilding career of bulking, cutting, weight gain and fat loss while building muscle. Here’s how he did it, and how you should be eating to build muscle and lose fat simultaneously.
What should you eat to build muscle and lose fat
Diamonds says this is the diet he’s followed over the years and how he approaches his clients when they want to build muscle and lose fat at the same time.
If you’re between 25 and 30 percent body fat, Diamonds says the information below is your gold mine.
How to lose weight and transform your body
You should focus on a high protein diet to build muscle and lose fat simultaneously. I eat 200 grams of protein a day to help me build muscle and even maintain muscle tissue when I’m in a deficit.
At first, Diamonds like to fast during the morning and only drink one source of caffeine to help wake him up and prepare him for his morning workout.
What happens to your body when you try intermittent fasting for 30 days?
For lunch, a classic chicken and rice salad is 467 calories.
To increase his protein intake, eat 3 protein bars throughout the day to increase his protein intake to 80 grams already in the course of the day.
Find out how to make your own protein bar with only 5 ingredients
For his dinner, Diamonds eats another salad bowl, a large one, but instead of chicken, he uses tuna as his main source of 869-calorie protein.
Finally, cap off the day with a pint of protein ice cream that has just 333 calories with 28.5 grams of protein.
His last meal is just before bed, where he eats two packs of oats in a 390-calorie cup of latte.
Check out his video below to see the whole journey of him getting to his weight loss phase. He also talks about some tricks a person can do to help lose fat and build muscle, such as counting calories once and eating the same thing again and again (it’s very simple) or just reducing the rice from his salad bowls to reduce the amount of caloric intake.
The best science-based diet for fat loss
10 foods you should eat to lose weight and lose fat
Maintaining a healthy body fat percentage can have several benefits for your overall health and well-being. Here are some potential benefits of having a low body fat percentage:
- Reduced risk of chronic diseases: Research suggests that having a low body fat percentage can help reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes and some cancers.
- Improved Cardiovascular Health: A reduction in body fat may be associated with improved cardiovascular health, including a reduction in blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Improved physical performance: Having a lower body fat percentage can improve athletic performance by increasing strength, speed and endurance.
- Reduced strain on joints: Carrying excess body fat can put a strain on your joints, leading to joint pain and an increased risk of injury. Maintaining a lower body fat percentage can reduce this strain and protect joint health.
- Improved Self-Esteem and Body Image: For some individuals, maintaining a low body fat percentage can improve self-esteem and body image, leading to better mental health and well-being.
5 great exercises to promote fat loss
5 Intermittent Fasting Tricks to Burn Fat Faster
It’s important to note that there can be negative consequences to having too low a body fat percentage, such as hormonal imbalances, decreased immune function, and decreased bone density. It’s important to aim for a healthy body fat percentage rather than trying to reach an extremely low percentage. Consult a healthcare professional to determine what a healthy body fat percentage is for you.
10 underrated habits to get thin now
5 best tips to lose belly fat
Proven ways to get a six pack
#eat #build #muscle #lose #fat #BOSROX